Of Course these were some very strong words imprinted in our brains by the One the Only: Carrie Bradshaw!


Tuesday 5 April 2011

"Hunter Boots"


               
A little Martin Solveig "Hello" Feat. Dragonette to Enjoy While You Read!

April Showers, Brings May Flowers:
So,with that said this is probably going to be one of the last months to wear your Hunter Boots, and if you don’t already own a pair or two…you should! These have been my go to Boot’s since I received my long awaited “Welly Carnaby Boa Snake Hunters” For Christmas from my generous BF.
And since then I have probably put them on daily as it’s been raining here for seems like forever.  They are perfect to throw on to run out to the grocery store, walk the dogs, head to the beach, hanging around a soccer field or even heading out for Sunday brunch!
 If you already own a pair of Hunter Boots you may be experiencing the same problems as me…mine have started to what I call “Cloud” as this can be a normal occurrence... occasionally, it is possible that white marks will appear on your Hunter wellington boots. This is a phenomenon called 'blooming' and is your boots attempting to protect themselves from environmental damage. 
Every Hunter wellington boot is made from 100% natural ingredients and small amounts of wax are included in the rubber compound during the vulcanisation process that is used to make each pair. When exposed to certain environmental factors, this wax can "bloom" to the surface and appear as white or blue marks.
This is not a defect with the boots, and is completely natural. 
I have been on the internet many times to see if I could find any information on products I could use to help clear up my boots and make them look like new again... and I have to tell you there isn’t much out there, even the Hunter website doesn’t tell you much.  So after some trouble shooting I found some "ehow" site that told me to try Water and Vinegar , as opposed to purchasing an expensive bottle of whatever some companies were trying to sell me...I guess their version of “magic cloud remover” which probably is just Water and Vinegar… So I put on my Hunters went to the store and purchased some Red Wine Vinegar…
I came home to put my concoction together,  I put on my good old yellow cleaning gloves  (as I didn’t want my hand’s to stink!)
 The Results: with a lot of elbow grease I was able to blend the white cloudy spots away…for the time being they looked like new again,but that only lasted a couple days.  So I went to my next go to as I had found another site that recommended using Olive Oil...So back again with the elbow grease and of course they looked all Olive Oily until that is the boots absorbed the oil... so here we are! 
Now with a lot of thought, since these damn things really are just some expensive  “Rubber Boots” I figure I will clean them up with what I use on my Car tires when I am wanting them to be nice, clean and shiny black.
 The Product: Armorall Extreme Tire Shine... Now I'm sure any tire shine should work.


Results- 
BEFORE

DURING

AFTER! 
Voila...Perfection, and they aren't slimy they are just shiny and clean again!


My Hunter Boots came from Nicholas Randall as well as my Furry Hunter Welly Socks.


Other place's to purchase in Victoria:
-The Bay
-Town Shoes
and a couple shops on lower Johnston carry them. 


Also if your wanting to shop from home...Check Out
www.getoutsideshoes.com


That's where I found these beauties I now need to have!
Hunter "Grosvenor" $249.99
A definite must have for next fall
(And no worries if we end up with the same boots...it just means we both have great taste!)



Note: I know "Hunter Boots" are also made for Men...I say pass! Leave this style for the Ladies...that is unless your a man who frequents "Pump Jacks" on Davie St. in Vancouver and "Rubber Boots" are a part of your attire...then by all means have at it!
- I Swear On CHANEL :)








No comments:

Post a Comment