Of Course these were some very strong words imprinted in our brains by the One the Only: Carrie Bradshaw!


Friday 22 April 2011

UGG'S STAND FOR "UGGLY"!!!


UGG’S STAND FOR “UGGLY”!!!

- And if you don’t believe me the Mortel Sheepskin Factory has been making UGG boots since 1958, with Frank Mortel claiming he named them "UGG Boots" after his wife commented that the first pair he made were "Ugly."  




I know it’s almost Summer…But I was just walking the streets of Downtown Vancouver and wanted to get UGG – Rageous on this sloppy unfashionable foot wear that a lot of girls/women thought they could just throw on their feet and not come across as “lazy”…I mean honestly what happened to putting on a pair of leather walking boots?

-My Personal Opinion: I couldn’t even say that there was ever a time or place for these things. Ok there definitely is a place and it’s in the garbage!  And the only other place, I have ever thought that these shoes could make an appearance is up at a Ski Destination like Whistler say in the Mallard Lounge @ the Fairmont lounging around the fire and having some cocktails…That’s it! 

I know a lot of you are gasping at my defamation of your beloved UGG boot’s but to be honest they are just tragic pieces of footwear …I have asked myself over the years why do people think these look good on them??? They are wide and bulky and unflattering to the shape of your leg… they are the sloppiest piece of footwear a person could own.  The heels always loose shape and end up dragging on the ground and they definitely aren’t weather proof…so again I ask myself why? Oh right because their comfy…so are my slippers and housecoat but I’m not going to parade them down Robson St… (Just Saying)
  

All wrong!


My Personal thought for people choosing to wear UGG boots fall’s under my “T” rule
-Toddlers to Teens… After seeing these photos of “teens” parading around in their favorite choice of footwear you may need to think twice before you put yours on again. Or don’t think. Just don’t do it.

And if you’re thinking…Oh No She Didn’t?!...That Bitch just “Shoe-Shamed Me?”  Yes, I’m sorry, but I did.


Typical Sight.

Honestly "Teens" shouldn't even wear these things!

Not even Mid-Age women...all wrong!
I'm Thinking you may be getting the point???
  
I know that Celebrities do wear these boots but it's usually, walking between their trailers and their sets...and even then they are just a go to choice for them, because they need slipper like shoes to wear with outdoor soles.  But if your, Britney Spears it's an "UGG" life world...

Hot Look Brit...?!
And, yes some Celebrities also sport this unflattering footwear on the streets as their lazy go to look as well...And "Voila" same results!


Olivia Wilde: UGG ,No, No... also your shirt is a little short and your frontal wedge is a Double, No,No.
Credits to: Anthea Helmsing :)
Blake Lively



Sarah Jessica Parker : Clearly wearing her Ugg boots on set
Megan Fox : Faux Pas...(Thick Legs)
Hilary Duff : Let's Just say taking her dog to the vet...She was in a rush!
Vanessa Minnillo : Just Wrong!
Penelope Cruz : Because the boots were a clear choice to pair with her vest???
I will not deny that this outfit may just work...it's the vision I had of UGG boots making their appearance in the lounge on the ski hill.
: But again I suspect she is on "Set"
- Note: This is also Jennifer Aniston she can do whatever she wants...
If you were married to "Brad Pitt" at one point you could do what ever you wanted as well!
But your not and have never been...Not that I personally would care to be...but that's beside the point. :)


- So to all my Friends who are like oh no... I wear UGG'S? It's Ok, I care for you, not your shoes.
And last but not least I do have to give credit to, Cheree Fawcett the only person to date who wears her's "To and From" and wears them appropriately!

-Note : "To and From" doesn't mean I wore them "To and From" the mall or downtown.
"To and From" means I wore them from my house to my car to her house to my car and then home!

Thanks for reading my "UGG RANT"...like my opinion really matters...but I needed to share!


I Swear On CHANEL :)

7 comments:

  1. It shouldn't always be how good your outfit look, it's also how comfortable they are. just like it's not always beauty but also brains...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's right, previous Anonymous

      Delete

    2. $59.8 ugg 5803/5825/5854,
      $79 ugg 5815,
      $99 ugg 1873,
      all shoes are free shipping.please visit: http://www.classicugg.org

      Delete
  2. This post is based on my opinion about Uggs and I think there are many other choices of footwear that are very comfortable stylish and affordable compared to this choice of footwear. Hey each to their own if you like the way these people are portrayed in these Photo's and you think- hey that looks really comfy and fashionable I want to look like I have elephant feet...then your welcome to do that. I just have an opinion about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uggs are SEXY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who cares people can wear whatever they want. Its a free coountry. Personally i think uggs are quite cute and convienent so stfu. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete